Interview with Chad Hufford
Chad Hufford is in the financial world now. He was picked on as a kid, used adversity to drive him, went on a pre-med path in taking up biochemistry, became an athletic coach, and let all of that background simmer together to help people make changes and stay on a path toward financial success.
He’s in Anchorage, Alaska, and that’s not a typical kind of culture that any of us would be used to. He’s learned a lot in being there and brings his insights.
Some of the key points made in this program include (and listen in for them all):
• Optimism isn’t ignoring reality, nor is it a stepwise process.
• Have a goal and a destination (and note that the goals can be fluid)
• Have a willingness to learn
• What are you doing (input) to get the outcomes (output) you actually want?
• Consistency is key!
• Depersonalize rejection - it’s not about YOU.
• Sustainability over Optimization!
• Think about the process, we don’t tend to scale back, but we quit. Don’t quit!
• Not starting is the other place where people simply fail before they give themselves a chance
• Leverage your resources - most people don’t know what resources the already have
• Redefine failure - perfect is the enemy of done
• Automate good habits
• Chad talks about Sacrifice - I say, “Let go of the things that no longer serve you.”
• What is your risk tolerance? There’s no such thing as No Risk.
• Volatility is temporary ambiguity. Stable isn’t about safety.
• Comfort is the antithesis of success.
Find more at www.VeritasAlaska.com
Reach out at [email protected]
Find Chad Hufford (Veritas) on LinkedIn