Interview with Tyler Foley
Speaking from a place of authenticity - The Power To Speak Naked A puck to the throat doesn’t stop this speaker, author, and coach from showing up and offering some gems! Tyler’s book, The Power to Speak Naked delves into what it takes to be vulnerably authentic - and therefore quite powerful - in your story telling on stage, at networking events, or in any social gathering.
Key points from this episode:
- Leave them better than you found them
- Stories are powerful and available to you anytime you’re speaking
- To find your story, divide your life into five segmented time periods and look for the first memory from each of the designated time periods, what you learned from the experience in that memory, and what you wish you had known.
- Speak to the you of five-to-ten years ago
- From Les Brown: Never tell a story without a point and never make a point without a story
- Solve the pain point
- Don’t speak from your wounds; step back and speak about the scars.
- It’s okay to be vulnerable; that’s not weak.
- You DO have a story.
Give the podcast five stars, then reach out to Tyler at www.SeanTylerFoley.com or www.EndlessStages.com and you’ll get a free download of Tyler’s book, The Power to Speak Naked and you’ll be invited to Tyler’s online group, Endless Stages.